Re: Closures in Emacs and their usage scenarios.

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Closures in Emacs and their usage scenarios.
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 13:53:20 +0200

Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

>> I noticed the document on closure here [1] implemented in Emacs/Elisp
>> currently.
>> But it's only a very concise and short introduction, and I want to
>> know more about the closures in Emacs and their usage scenarios.
>> Any helpful tips are welcome.
>
> Maybe a good starting point is
>
>     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closure_(computer_programming)

Chapter 2 from "On Lisp" by P. Graham has also very nice and accessible intro to
functions and closures:

https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/paulgraham/onlisp.pdf?t=1595850613&;

So has also "Let Over Lambda" by D. Hoyte:

https://letoverlambda.com/index.cl/guest/chap2.html

Chapter 2 is an entire chapter on closures and using them; if one is not scared
by subtitles like: "Let Over Lambda Over Let Over Lambda" :).