Re: How do I pass a variable defined in a wrapping let, to a lambda?

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: How do I pass a variable defined in a wrapping let, to a lambda?
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 09:51:59 +0100

> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
[snip!]
>> If I replace the filename variable with a text constant[6], then the
>> function works.

>> But as far as I can tell, the function in[4] uses variables defined in
>> the wrapping (let) in the lambda...?

>> So why is that working but my filename failing?

> They've got a lexical-binding cookie at the top of the file, but you don't! :)

Wait..? What...?  Huh...?

This thing:  -*- lexical-binding: t; -*- ?

Now *that* wasn't obscure at all...! :-)

But then this may be fixable after all.  I was going a bit crazy here
trying to figure out what was the difference between my code and the
code that worked.

(And I see from this thread that I'm not alone in being confused)

So thanks to all that contributed!

Too many to respond to each individually! :-)