RE: [External] : Re: Activating a minor-mode

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Activating a minor-mode
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 21:55:42 +0000

> I also want to activate the minor-mode globally.
> How could I activate a minor-mode globally?

I also want a falafel.  Or a burrito.  And a beer.  Right now!
___

Have you tried to *ask Emacs*?

Start with `C-h f define-minor-mode'.

Check the Emacs manual, with `i minor mode'.

Check the Elisp manual, with `i minor mode':

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Defining-Minor-Modes.html
___

You'll generally get more, and better, help from Emacs itself.

And having _tried_ to *ask Emacs* you'll generally get more, and better, help
from mailing lists and online Q&A.

(Just a suggestion - unsolicited, free advice.)

And no, it's not obvious at the outset how to ask Emacs.  But that's really the
first, and the most empowering, thing to learn.

Ask Emacs how to ask Emacs...
Ask Elisp how to ask Elisp...