Re: Question about display-buffer-overriding-action

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Question about display-buffer-overriding-action
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 02:53:34 +0100

Eduardo Ochs wrote:

> If we have two windows open and USETHISWINDOW is nil, then -
> at least in my setting - this test
>
>   ;; Test: (find-osm -22.5 -41.9 15 "Near home")
>
> opens the map in the other window.

`pop-to-buffer' docstring:

  If BUFFER-OR-NAME is nil, choose some other buffer [...]

> What is the value of
> USETHISWINDOW that would mean "always open in the current
> window"?

`display-buffer-overriding-action':

  The value should be a cons cell (FUNCTIONS . ALIST), where
  FUNCTIONS is a function or a list of functions.
  Each function should accept two arguments: a buffer to
  display and an alist similar to ALIST. See `display-buffer'
  for details.

I think you set the mentioned alist to the the "action
function" `display-buffer-same-window' ...

Do as they say and see `display-buffer' for details ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal