Re: local emacsclient to remote emacs server

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: local emacsclient to remote emacs server
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 12:55:34 +0100

Hi,

So like you did, I tried to setup an emacs server on one server and have
the emacsclient locally. I tried using TCP but ended up with the same
error as you:

Waiting for Emacs...
*ERROR*: Could not open file: /dev/ttyp3

… so I don't think that it is the intended usage of "Emacs server". It
is more an "editing server" (running locally).

Anyway, I think your best bet now is TRAMP. You can do a lot of things
in TRAMP including running remote commands.

Best regards,
--
Manuel Giraud