Re: Emacs freezes when editing a file with one extremely long line even

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Emacs freezes when editing a file with one extremely long line even with so-long-minor-mode enabled.
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 10:54:01 +0800

On Sun, May 8, 2022 at 8:49 AM Michael Heerdegen
<michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > I've already enabled both modes, but the problem remains, as shown in
> > the attached file.
>
> You mean that the major mode is `so-long-mode' (not visible in your
> screenshot)?  With that, the behavior is acceptable in emacs -Q for me.
> With the minor-mode, it's not.

I mean, both of the following methods will freeze Emacs, as shown in
the attached files:

$ emacs -Q
/home/werner/Public/repo/github.com/feisele/vscode-gap-language-support.git/src/symbols.ts
`M-x global-so-long-mode RET`

$ emacs -Q
/home/werner/Public/repo/github.com/feisele/vscode-gap-language-support.git/src/symbols.ts
`M-x so-long-minor-mode RET`

> Michael.

HZ