Re: pgtk does not do subpixel rendering

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: pgtk does not do subpixel rendering
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 16:18:10 +0800

Torsten Bronger <bronger@physik.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> I indeed used a too old Emacs (the Git HEAD of 14th March).
> However, the current HEAD exhibits the same behaviour for me: No
> subpixel rendering under Wayland on a low-res display if I compile
> with --with-pgtk, and subpixel rendering without --with-pgtk.

What happens if you run Emacs under Xwayland?  And are you sure that
what you see is really because subpixel anti-aliasing is not being
performed, and not because your hinting preferences are not being
respected?

The latter is a bug that hasn't been fixed yet.  A patch exists but
we're waiting for papers.

Thanks.