Re: restoring window configuration after vc-ediff

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: restoring window configuration after vc-ediff
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 13:31:07 +0100

On Saturday, 14 May 2022 at 14:21, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> The easiest way of leaving your window configuration untouched by a
> command is to invoke that command in a separate frame.

Well, sure, but it definitely adds friction... currently, a simple key
binding invokes vc-ediff.  I would have to include creating and deleting
a frame to the process.  And this interferes to some degree with the
window (x parlance) manager.

For vc-ediff, there's (generally) no benefit in having the previous
version buffer remain visible after the ediff operation is finished.

I guess I'll advise the function instead making use of
save-window-excursion.

thank you,
eric
--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 29.0.50 2022-05-10) on Debian 11.3