Re: Adding multiple lists to global-abbrev-table

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Adding multiple lists to global-abbrev-table
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 07:29:00 +0300

* carlmarcos--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2022-08-03 18:28]:
> I want to include multiple lists (e.g. cun1 and cun2) to `global-abbrev-table'
>
> (setq cun1
>    '( ("all" "l")     ("as" "as")      ("can" "k") ))
>
> (setq cun2
>    '( ("again" "ag")  ("any" "n")    ("before" "bf") ))
>
> What can I do?

(type-of global-abbrev-table) ⇒ vector

And what are you doing? Is it vector or what?

And how about following?

(define-abbrev-table 'global-abbrev-table
  '(("actfsf" "Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns"; nil :count 4)
    ("bgs" "Big League Sales Closing Techniques" nil :count 1)  ))

That is how you should define it if you want to define it
programmatically.

Feature is not meant to be defined programmatically but interactively
in Emacs. But you insist it should be defined programmatically.

As you insist so much on it, then you should first read Emacs Lisp
manual and Emacs manual and then inspect variable, like
{C-h v global-abbrev-table RET} and then press TAB to move to
‘../abbrev_defs’. and then press enter, most probably you would see
how it is defined in that file.

I have given you instructions how to defined abbrevs, and by playing
with it you should find out how to do it.

Emacs is for playing. You should go through all of the Help menu and
learn.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns