Re: tramp and ftps

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp and ftps
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 13:37:18 +0200

Filipp Gunbin <fgunbin@fastmail.fm> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Filipp,

> Is there any support for ftps via tramp?  Searching in tramp manual
> gives nothing, and I wasn't able to find any third-party packages for
> that.

Tramp doesn't implement the ftp protocol itself, it forwards everything
to ange-ftp.

> From the command line, I use lftp, maybe someone has examples of
> configuring ange-ftp to use it?

Perhaps you start setting ange-ftp-ftp-program-name to "lftp", and
playing with ange-ftp-ftp-program-args. However, I don't know whether
this will work, see also the discussion at
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2020-12/msg01006.html>.

If you get it running pls report, I'd add it to the manual then.

> TIA
> Filipp

Best regards, Michael.