Re: Handling non-interactive use with faces

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Re: Handling non-interactive use with faces
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 23:57:36 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Friday, August 12th, 2022 at 11:17 PM, Michael Heerdegen
<michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:

> uzibalqa uzibalqa@proton.me writes:
>
> > > carlmarcos--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
>

> Are you identical with carlmarcos?
>
> > > Do you have concrete questions about `cond'? If not, the answer and my
> > > suggestion is: learn a little bit more Elisp.
>
> > It was your suggestion that there is no need to combine pcase and
> > cond. I cannot read your mind and sending me to read a manual until I
> > figure it out is not tho way to follow your idea so I can scrutinise
> > it.
>

> No need to read my mind, using "cond" is absolutely trivial in this
> case, unless you have some kind of misunderstanding (thus my question
> about concrete questions) or you still need to learn a basic level
> Elisp.

Trivial is a point of view considering I am not capturing your solution.  I
know lisp to write a minor-mode.

> Since you expect people spending their free time to answer questions,
> they can expect that you spend at least a minimum of time to understand
> how to code Elisp.

Yes, but not to figure a scheme that you already call trivial.

> And I think our time is spent more effectively if you "read the manual
> and figure it out" than when I write it for you.

The function works well, so I do not think spending super time figuring it out
by myself is really vital.