Re: [OFFTOPIC] Academic workflow with old PDFs

From: Alessandro Bertulli
Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] Academic workflow with old PDFs
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 22:37:05 +0200

> I meant a _good_ example ... and list isn't "academia",
> wherever that's suppose to be.

Again, I'm sorry this bothers you so much. Anyway, that was the reason I
specified "especially, but not limited to".

> This - "if you work in/with academia" - should be "if you are
> a researcher/scientist" if the OP is from the
> technology/engineering/science world.

You're right, I am, but actually in my country we never did that
distinction.

> In "academia" there are "intellectual's" and "scholars" (AAAAH!
> it gets worse!)

Here, on the other hand, you're completely right. Those two words are
not used even here, unless you're (inho) stucking up :-)

Anyway, as I said, i didn't mean to turn this thread into a linguistic
flame, so I don't want to further clutter the mailing list, if you are
ok with it.

Alessandro