Re: Why M-x highlight-regexp does not work after sort in tabulated-list-

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Why M-x highlight-regexp does not work after sort in tabulated-list-mode?
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 00:09:33 +0300

Here is how I solve it:

(defun rcd-highlight-list (list)
  "Highlight LIST of regular expressions in buffer."
  (hi-lock-mode)
  (let* ((list (delete "" list))
        (highlights hi-lock-face-defaults))
    (while list
      (highlight-regexp (regexp-quote (pop list)) (pop highlights)))))

;; In the following function I am removing values from these two
variables as highlighting does not work otherwise. I consider that
rather a bug.

(defun hyperscope-highlight (&optional highlight-list)
  (setq hi-lock-interactive-patterns nil)
  (setq hi-lock-interactive-lighters nil)
  (let* ((list (hyperscope-action-status-name-list))
         (list (append list '("SUCCESS" "DISEASE" "FOLLOW-UP")))
         (list (append list highlight-list)))
  (rcd-highlight-list list)))

Then I advice tabulated list mode functions.

;;; Advice functions
(defun hyperscope-after-sort (&rest args)
  (hyperscope-highlight))

(advice-add 'tabulated-list-col-sort :after 'hyperscope-after-sort)
(advice-add 'tabulated-list-sort :after 'hyperscope-after-sort)

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman