Re: filemananger for emacs with meta information about a file without op

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: filemananger for emacs with meta information about a file without opening it
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 10:14:27 +0100

>>> "MH" == Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am looking for a kind of «filemanager» for emacs, that allows me to
>> obtain some meta information (about the content of the file) without
>> opening it.
>>
>> I am aware of org-note etc, but this type of information is only
>> revealed if one opens the file.

> I didn't understand whether you would want to be able to add arbitrary
> information about a file to some sort of database.

This is what I am looking for. More and more I think that filetags is
not the right thing, because most of my important files are under (HG)
version control, change the file name frequently is not a very smart
thing then.

I found https://github.com/gunther-bachmann/emacs-dired-annotator

Which looks very promising, although right now I have difficulties make
it to work (in git master 7bf17ceee8c, may 2022) and opened already some
issues on this github page
If someone is also interested in that package and want to join...

Uwe

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.