Re: Org-Mode compared to Jupyter

From: Thibaut Verron
Subject: Re: Org-Mode compared to Jupyter
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 18:24:17 +0100

Le ven. 4 nov. 2022 à 17:33, <tomas@tuxteam.de> a écrit :

> >     tomas> For me, this is actually the main disqualifier. There's no
> worse nightmare
> >     tomas> (for me) than editing text in a browser.
> >
> > atomic-chrome solves that issue nicely.
>
> Atomic-chrome, which is presumably based on Atom, which is based on
> Electron, which is, after all, a big honkin' web browser in disguise.

Very confidently very wrong. ;)

As much as "it's all text" is "based on emacs": atomic-chrome is a chrome
browser extension allowing to edit textareas with atom.

And, relevant for the discussion here, the same browser extension can
interact with similar extensions for other editors, including Emacs.

> One authored by Google, no less.

Isn't Atom a product of Github, and therefore technically authored by
Microsoft?

Best wishes,
Thibaut