Re: Size of startup files

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Size of startup files
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 12:32:00 +0530

Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> writes:

> Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
>
>>> I just took a quick look and found that my startup files
>>> (called from .emacs and so on) amount to about 5,000 lines
>>> of elisp. Of course I comment extensively but at least half
>>> of this or more is actual code.
>>
>> My init file never reached that size: I think around the time it was
>> inching its way toward 2k lines
>
> I have 9 317 lines in 165 files ...

I attempt to cleanup the init file very frequently... every quarter may
be. And the total number of lines is <1k. Not many comments in my file.

For example,

1. I removed code to install eglot, now that it is available as a
   builtin feature.

2. Earlier I wrote a function to toggle themes. Now it is builtin.

And after use-package's inclusion, the file size will further reduce.