Special hilighting for comments

From: Heime
Subject: Special hilighting for comments
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 02:42:45 +0000

I have seen that emacs-lisp-mode allows the highlighting of some specially
formatted comments using strings enclosed by single quotes 'this-thing'.  This
can be very useful beyond its intended use (highlighting function and variable
names).

For instance, I can use this to highlight the first comment with a different
colour from the rest of the comments.

But this special highlighting only works for function and variables names
without spaces.

So I cannot do the following to get 'A Remark here' highlighted in a different
colour.

;; 'A Remark here'
;; Some comment here
;; Another comment here
;; You are a hero

Can the use of '' be extended so I can use the highlighting more generally as
described.  Or perhaps have an additional highlighting for more general things,
separate from function and variable names.