Re: how can I make a reference card like the Emacs reference card

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: how can I make a reference card like the Emacs reference card
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 12:03:18 +0300

* Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> [2022-12-14 21:17]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> >> would make `M-x r' behave as "split the frame into a left
> >> half and a right half, and display the file "~/REFCARD" on
> >> the window at the right" - and this will work even when
> >> eev-mode is off.
> >
> > I have just got idea that REFCARD could be automatically for
> > the corresponding mode.
>
> But don't we have something like that with `C-h M' or
> `describe-mode' already?

I have understood that person wanted to have fancy one or two pages
PDF with tightly listed shortcuts.

IMHO, packages providing shortcuts list could produce such PDFs as
well, not only Emacs buffers.

If I personally need it, I just print the buffer output by using:
M-x describe-keymap and rcd-paps functions as in my previous e-mail.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman