(match-end 0) returns 1 instead of the actual position

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: (match-end 0) returns 1 instead of the actual position
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 15:18:49 -0800

Hi,

This doesn’t happen with vanilla Emacs, but I couldn’t tell which part of my
config is causing it. Basically if I run

(looking-at "xxx")
(match-end 0)

It returns 1 instead of the end of xxx after point.

Is there any user option that would affect this that I’m not aware of?

I tried bisecting but the issue doesn’t always reproduce. (It reproduce
reliably when I enable all configuration, but not when I comment out parts of
the config…)

Thanks,
Yuan