Re: A way to watch (some) videos about Emacs with wget and mpv

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: A way to watch (some) videos about Emacs with wget and mpv
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 03:03:01 +0100

Eduardo Ochs wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions, but do you really like mpv $URL?
> I don't - seeking is slow and unreliable, and it takes too long to
> restart if I quit mpv...

Sometimes, but absolutely not always ...

But I agree files on the disk are better (except for live events,
maybe). So again, see this file:

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.zsh/dl

dl-video () {
    local urls=${1:-$(<$DL_FILE)}
    yt-dlp $dlp_opts -f 'bestvideo' ${=urls}
}

dl-720 () {
    local urls=${1:-$(<$DL_FILE)}
    yt-dlp $dlp_opts -f 'bestvideo[height=720]+bestaudio' ${=urls}
}

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal