Re: listing auto-save files that are newer

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: listing auto-save files that are newer
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 22:01:41 -0700

i forgot to mention, i have all of my auto-save files in one place:

(setq auto-save-list-file-prefix
      (expand-file-name ".saves-" alpha-auto-save-directory))
(setq auto-save-file-name-transforms
      `((".*" ,alpha-auto-save-directory t)))

your idea seems plausible.

i also have this, but it depends on buffers.

not files.

(defun alpha-file-auto-save-newer-p ()
  (or (recent-auto-save-p)
      (file-newer-than-file-p (or buffer-auto-save-file-name
                                  (make-auto-save-file-name))
                              buffer-file-name)))

[i missed this message because i can't figure out how to filter
[webmail, nothing so sophisticated as gnus].]

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com