Re: printing with paps

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: printing with paps
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 02:46:40 +0300

Look at GNU/Emacs TUTORIAL generated by using RCD Paps package as PDF file:
https://gnu.support/files/emacs/packages/rcd-paps/2023-01-01-02:42:51.pdf

Here are instructions how to customize headers and footer:
https://github.com/dov/paps/issues/30

They all take a string that is based on python f-strings. I have
defined the following variable that may be used in the definitions of
the headers:

    path - The complete path of the file being printed
    filename - The basename (without directory) of the file being printed
    mtime - The file's modification time
    now - The current time
    num_pages - The total number of pages in the document
    page_idx - The current page being printed

Here is an example of how it may be used:

paps --header-left="{now:%Y-%m-%d %H:%M}" --header-center="{filename}"
--header-right="Page {page_idx:02d}/{num_pages:02d}" --header -o hello.pdf
paps.cc

I will work on easier customization of header and footer.

It is so important to be able to generate PDF files for even simple text.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman