Re: [Q] How do I access a message using message id on mailman?

From: Ruijie Yu
Subject: Re: [Q] How do I access a message using message id on mailman?
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 22:59:46 +0800

andrés ramírez <rrandresf@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi. Ruijie.

> [...]
>

>     Ruijie> Any help appreciated, thanks.
>
> This works on my case:

> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=%2Bmessage-id%3Asdvleierbgp.fsf%40netyu.xyz&submit=Search%21&idxname=help-gnu-emacs

Thanks Andrés, while it is not quite there (I now get a search result of
at most 1 result), this does get me closer to my goal.  I'll also take a
look at documentation of namazu and see if any hints are there.

> I have a function that does that. based on wanderlust (MUA)

> (defvar my-gmane-lists '(("\"Emacs development discussions.\"
> <emacs-devel.gnu.org>" "emacs-devel" )
>                          ("Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
> <help-gnu-emacs.gnu.org>" "help-gnu-emacs" )
>                          ))
>
> ;;; based on Kévin Le Gouguec snippet
> (defun my/wl-summary-yank-search-url (list id)
>   "Format references from the message-id of a gnu.org list.
> Used within wanderlust summary buffer for generating an url based on
> message-id and list-id.
> Copy the generated url to the kill-ring."
>   (interactive
>    (list
>     (let ((default-list
>             (wl-summary-list-id)))
>       (read-string (format-prompt "List-ID:" default-list)
>                    nil nil default-list)
>       (let ((box (assoc default-list my-gmane-lists)))
>         (if box
>             (setq default-list (cadr box)))))
>     (let ((default-id (wl-summary-message-id)))
>       (read-string (format-prompt "Message-ID:" default-id)
>                    nil nil default-id))))
>   (let ( (my-url nil))
>     (setq my-url (concat
>                   ;; Escape some chars to url format for search to work.
>                   "https://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi";
>                   "?query=%2Bmessage-id%3A"
>                   (replace-regexp-in-string ">" ""
>                                             (replace-regexp-in-string "<" ""

You can probably combine these two calls above. :)

> (replace-regexp-in-string "@" "%40"
>
>                   (replace-regexp-in-string "\\+" "%2B" id))))
>                   "&submit=Search%21"
>                   "&idxname=" list))
>     (kill-new my-url)
>  ;;;(message "Copied: %s" my-url)
>     ))
>
> Best Regards.
> ps: It just works on emacs-help cos search on emacs-devel is broken

Oh, that might also explain it.  I haven't actually tried it on
emacs-help; both my attempts (once today and once a few days back) were
on emacs-devel.  Any discussions on why searching there is broken and
hasn't been fixed?

--
Best,

RY

[Please note that this mail might go to spam due to some
misconfiguration in my mail server -- still investigating.]