Re: [Help-gnu-radius] A few unrelated (but not OT) questions

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] A few unrelated (but not OT) questions
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:39:00 +0200

> Main.error: Malformed username: [jdoe ]
>
> I agree with the logic behind this, yet, shouldn't a reject packet be
> sent back to the NAS?  I'm getting false auth percentages from the NAS
> because the responses aren't sent back.  The users who use spaces
> (their own fault) also get PPP auth timeouts instead of invalid
> user/pass messages, so they think they can blame us for their mistake.

Well, I guess you are right. I'll try to fix it in the next release.
In the meantime, you may add whitespace to the list of symbols,
allowed in a username, this will make radius treat such usernames as
usual, sending reject responses at authentication failures. To do so,
use `username-chars' statement in `option' block of your config file,
e.g.:

option {
       username-chars "address@hidden&\/ ";

> Question 2: Are there any scripts floating around to keep the acct
> records in mysql down to size, truncating it monthly or something?  Or
> would "DELETE FROM calls WHERE event_date_time < (two months ago)" be
> ok?

More precisely:

 DELETE FROM calls
 WHERE unix_timestamp(now())-unix_timestamp(event_date_time) > 2*31*86400;

> Question 3: I must have forgotten question 3.  I will write when I
> remember it...

OK :^))

Regards,
Sergey