[Help-gnu-radius] installing 0.96 gnu-radius with Postgres 7.1.3

From: Samudra E. Haque
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] installing 0.96 gnu-radius with Postgres 7.1.3
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 05:36:19 +0600

hello,

I am seriously puzzled.

It may be a very simple thing, but the starter SQL script in
gnu-radius-0.96/db/pgsql.m4 that produces pgsql.struct produces code
that IS NOT ACCEPTABLE to Postgres 7.1.3 psql interpreter.

For example, the pgsql.struct generates SQL table creation statements
with the ENUM data type, which is not found anywhere in the POSTGRES
manuals, and seems to be a holdover from the MYSQL environment.

Is there anyone who has successfully built and commissioned a GNU-RADIUS
0.96 install with PGSQL 7.1.3 ? Could I ask to see the contents of the
.m4 or pgsql.struct or SQL scheme in use?

I am curious, if I used varchar datatype or perhaps char(2) in place of
the ENUM data type of MYSQL while defining in PGSQL would it really
matter? Essentially :

all the table attrib is caring about is a way to record the values of
the operator "=", "!=", "<", "<=", ">=" ..... are they to be recorded as
strings only? Are they being recorded in order to be COMPARED to some
other variable ?

-samudra haque-
dhaka, bangladesh