Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Cisco VOIP Vendor Specific Attributes

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Cisco VOIP Vendor Specific Attributes
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 12:01:32 +0200

> According to the cisco documentation there are 2 ways of sending the
> information. The prefered (and new) is to use the VSA method which pumps out
> vendor specific attributes and the oldway (which gnu radius can cope with)
> to send them packed inside a acct-session-id. The version of the IOS I am
> using no longer supports the packed method it appears.

I see. In this case you should be using Cisco vendor-specific
attributes, not the attributes, provided by dict/voip. However, dict/cisco
contained in the distribution does not contain all the necessary
attributes, as your session transcripts show. I would suggest to
consult Cisco ftp (or www) for newer versions of their vendor-specific
attributes. Anyway, here are the attributes I was able to decipher
from your detail transcript (the attribute names are arbitrary, of
course):

# contains h323-conf-id=...
ATTRIBUTE       Cisco-Conf-Id           24      string  Cisco
# contains h323-setup-time=...
ATTRIBUTE       Cisco-Setup-Time        25      string  Cisco
# contains h323-call-origin=...
ATTRIBUTE       Cisco-Call-Origin       26      string  Cisco
# contains h323-call-type=
ATTRIBUTE       Cisco-Call-Type         27      string  Cisco
# contains h323-connect-time=
ATTRIBUTE       Cisco-Connect-Time      28      string  Cisco
# contains h323-disconnect-time=...
ATTRIBUTE       Cisco-Disconnect-Time   29      string  Cisco
# contains h323-disconnect-cause=...
ATTRIBUTE       Cisco-Disconnect-Cause  30      string  Cisco
# contains h323-voice-quality=...
ATTRIBUTE       Cisco-Voice-Quality     31      string  Cisco
# contains h323-gw-id=...
ATTRIBUTE       Cisco-GW-Id             33      string  Cisco

If you add these to your dict/cisco, radiusd should be able to
decode Vendor-Specific attributes. Trivial rewrite rules will
be needed to remove 'h323-whatever=' from the attribute values.
Please, drop me a note if this works for you.

Regards,
Sergey