Re: [Help-gnu-radius] multiple logins ...

From: Ciprian Nica
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] multiple logins ...
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:53:21 +0200

Great.

Well, I din't use the default databases. I had them already and that's why i din't think about "case sensitive" problem ... As most of the people (I think) I didn't read carefully all documentation and I see that it can only be a source for problems.

Once again, thanks a lot,
Ciprian Nica

Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:

How can i enable for some of the users multiple logins ?
Should i insert into attrib table some pairs like
attr/value
Simultaneous-Use /  2

And what value should be op ? NULL or not NULL ?

Yes, that's correct. Op should be '=', so the check_attr_query
from the sqlserver would succeed.

You will also need to modify Simultaneous-Use definition in your
raddb/dictionary to contain:

ATTRIBUTE   Simultaneous-Use        1034    integer - [L--R-R]=

(note the terminating =, it makes later occurrences of the attribute
to take precedence over the former ones. This question has already
been discussed in the list).

One other observation i'd have is that radius stores usernames case sensitive while a "normal" mysql query is not case sensitive.
To be more specific :
let's say someone conencts using nimaci/PASSWORD
and another one using NiMaci/PASSWORD

then, radius considers it is a distinct user (and so it is considering the case) but unfortunately mysql in a query like

There is an inconsistency here: radius never _stores_ usernames to
the authentication table, it just looks up for them there. How to make
the lookup case-insensitive depends on the underlying SQL database.
If it is MySQL, you'll have to declare the user_name column in your
auth table as binary (as the default database structure
in db/ does):

CREATE TABLE passwd (
 user_name           varchar(32) binary default '' not null,

If it is PostgreSQL, the comparisons are case insensitive by default
for 'character' datatype.

Regards,
Sergey