Re: [Help-gnu-radius] authentication problem

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] authentication problem
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 14:41:23 +0300

> --I am sorry to ask for help again and again.

No problem. That's what the list is for :)

> Jul 02 10:59:05: Auth.notice: Login incorrect: [Nick/p¡Óau????i,?x]: CLID
> unknown (from nas local)
[...]
> --Does it means that i can't decrypt the password transmitted??

Yes, it does. What you see in square brackets after the slash
character is the decrypted password. This happens when the client
and the server use different strings for shared key. The shared
key on the server side is configured in raddb/clients. For
radauth it is set in raddb/client.conf. E.g., if you have
in your raddb/clients:

localhost       sharedkey

then you should have in your raddb/client.conf

server local 127.0.0.1 sharedkey 1645 1646

(In this example, "sharedkey" is the key string)

Regards,
Sergey