[Help-gnu-radius] MySQL Server Failover And Recovery

From: Michael Shuler
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] MySQL Server Failover And Recovery
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 09:38:36 -0500

Does gnu-radius 0.96.3 support more than one MySQL server for authentication
and accounting in the
event of a MySQL server failure?  All my data is replicated live to several
other MySQL servers and
I wanted to take advantage of the feature if it existed so that if my primary
MySQL server failed
in the middle of the night the replicators would take over without my
intervention...at least for
the authentication which is read only.  Otherwise users will not be able to
login even though the
radius servers are happiy running.

I also noticed that if the MySQL server is unavailable or there is a table lock
on the accounting
table it creates a file called sql-lost in the accouting directory...when the
MySQL server becomes
available does gnu-radius process the log file or am I suppsed to process it
via a "mysql <
sql-lost"?  I'm guessing it doesn't since the log is still there but I wanted
to make sure before I
messed up my data.

Mike