Re: [Help-gnu-radius] LOCAL in clients file

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] LOCAL in clients file
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 23:30:19 +0300

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 23:13:31 +0300 Sergey Poznyakoff wrote
> > NOREALM                 LOCAL                           nostrip
> >
> > What is it I need to fix?
>
> What exactly did you want to achieve by this line? The second column of
> raddb/realms is the description of the server handling the realm. Thus LOCAL
> is interpreted as a hostname and the line does not take any effect.

I guess I should clarify myself :^) The use of LOCAL in second column
is legitimate, whenever the first column describes a non-empty realm.
Such use means that the realm will be handled locally, i.e. by the
server itself. Now,  NOREALM means absense of the explicit realm
specification in the user name. By default such user names are always
handled locally, thus the notation `NOREALM LOCAL...' is senseless,
and that's why LOCAL is meaningless in this context.

Regards,
Sergey