Re: [Help-gnu-radius] max users

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] max users
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:48:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Justin Noack wrote:

> What is the max amount of users this radius server can
> deal with?

I haven't heard of anyone abandoning gnu-radius because it didn't scale.
Perhaps if you could share the number of users you are trying to setup
someone could reply with: "I have that many working". I prefer to mysql
back end the server and setup redundant radius boxes that all hit the same
or replicated mysql servers. (Replication is not perfect yet, but what is
currently setup is nice 3.23.52 here.)

> Also how do I setup a way for when a user
> needs a dedicated ip address every time they where yo
> login?

Attribute database or attrib file. Sample with DB is included in the
documentation:

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_mono/radius.html#SEC65

HTH,

Gerald