Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Acct-Session-Time

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Acct-Session-Time
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:13:51 +0200

> I've got the problem, that the time of session is not correct. For example,
> I've
> got a session from 00:36:14 until 01:21:47   = 2733 seconds. Radius says, that
> this session was 2332 seconds.

Radius simply records the data that the NAS sends to it. It does not
compute Acct-Session-Time. Usually Acct-Session-Time reported by the
NAS does not include the time that was necessary to establish the
connection. A NAS may report this time in a separate attribute.
In your case:

        Acct-Session-Time      = 2332
        Acct-Delay-Time        =    0
        Ascend-PreSession-Time =    1
        Total session time       2333

Refer to your NAS documentation for more details.

Regards,
Sergey