Re: [Help-gnu-radius] ACCT_ALIVE?

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] ACCT_ALIVE?
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:40:03 +0200

> I have never seen an alive record written to postgres.  Are these ever used?
> How can I turn them on if the functionality exists?

They are used if the NAS sends them. They should be enabled in the
NAS configuration. Of course the exact way to do so depends on the
NAS itself. For example, on Cisco series the following statement
enables sending keepalive attributes each 3 minutes:

        aaa accounting update periodic 180

Regards,
Sergey