Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Starting radius automatically

From: Mehmet Avcioglu
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Starting radius automatically
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 19:50:46 -0400

Look into /etc/rc?.d directories or the /sbin/chkconfig command.

Just putting a script into init.d doesn't mean it will start on startup.

- Mehmet

List User wrote:
I have a very strange problem.
If I put radiusd start command to rc.local it starts fine upon system startup

However if I put a startup script to the etc/rc.d/init.d it DOES NOT start. There are many other start up scripts in this directory and they all start fine. When I start scripts like this, it works fine:
Prompt: etc/rc.d/init.d/radiusd start

Is this something specific about radius?
Start up script is attached.