Re: [Help-gnu-radius] gnuradius1.1 can't find out its own ip address

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] gnuradius1.1 can't find out its own ip address
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:37:03 +0300

Hi Macram,

> Aug 25 11:56:45 Main.alert: can't find out my own IP address.
>
> Can you please explain what would cause this alert ?

Upon startup, radiusd determines the hostname of the machine it runs
on, and tries to resolve this hostname to an IP address. If this
process fails, it issues the above message. The most probable cause
is some misconfiguration of the host name and/or DNSes.

The `own IP' is used for proxy communication, so if you are not
using radius realms, you may safely ignore this alert. Nonetheless,
I would advise you to investigate its causes.

Regards,
Sergey