Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Proxying

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Proxying
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 12:18:11 +0300

Azzopardi Konrad <address@hidden> wrote:

> I want to implement proxying only for accounting. I have radius 1.1. Is
> it possible ? If yes how ?

So you wish your server to handle incoming requests itself and to
forward all accounting ones to a remote server, don't you? This
can be done by adding a "fake" realm to the accounting requests. In
few words, the method is:

1) Add a "fake" realm to your raddb/realms:

ACCTREALM       remote.server.com       strip

where "remote.server.com" is the name of your accounting server. The
realm name is, of course, arbitrary.

2) To your raddb/hints add the following rule:

DEFAULT    NULL        Rewrite-Function = "acctrealm"

If you have another rules in raddb/hints, it is a good idea to
place this one as the very first rule and add ", Fall-Through = yes" to
it.

3) To your raddb/rewrite add the following definition

integer
acctrealm()
{
        if (*%[Acct-Status-Type])