Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Wi-Fi Provider

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Wi-Fi Provider
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:42:03 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 address@hidden wrote:

> I'd like to konw how can the radius interrupt a user connection after
> the time limit.

This seems to be a common misconception related to the way radius
operates. All interactions between RAS/NAS equipment is initiated by the
equipment itself. The responses that radius sends back are digested and
acted upon by the equipment.

Cisco is supposed to have WiFi equipment that supports this setup. I think
the answers you are looking for though will be in the hardware you are
using. Whatever response it wants from radius to tell it when to timeout
the user, can be configured with gnu-radius to be sent back.

Gerald