Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Allow authentication from any IP ?

From: Maurice Makaay
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Allow authentication from any IP ?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:09:13 +0100

Hi,

> Is there a way to allow any source IP to connect to the RADIUS server with a
> 'shared' radius key ?
> Something like inserting at the end of the 'clients' file:
> DEFAULT       shared-radius-key

I just looked into the source code and there is currently no such feature
in the radius server. To make this file more compliant with some of the
other configuration files, the DEFAULT client should be added as a new
feature. Thus: at this moment you cannot use the construction as
described above.

Sergey: would it be a good idea to add DEFAULT logic to the handling of the
clients file? If this feature is added, I think the netmask patch I sent in
yesterday should be added as well to the clients code. It's mostly
cut'n'paste to make this work.

Regards,

-- Maurice Makaay