Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Different reply attributes based upon an username

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Different reply attributes based upon an username
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:46:39 +0200

Michael Samanov <address@hidden> wrote:

> Now we are doing with "hints", "users", "huntgroups" - with or without
> Suffix && Strip-User-Name, but the best we could achieve was the attribute
> needed in the logs, not in the reply

Notice that both hints entries and rewrite functions modify the contents
of the *incoming* packet, not the reply pairs.

> but we have no working idea how to explain to radius so that it would send
> Cisco-AVPair = "lcp:callback-dialstring=" when and only when username is
> like "xxx&callback"

# raddb/hints

DEFAULT  Suffix = "&callback", Strip-User-Name = <whatever-you-need>
         Hint = CALLBACK

# raddb/users

# Profile for callback users
DEFAULT Hint = CALLBACK,
             Auth-Type = <whatever-it-is>,
             <..other check pairs..>
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
             Framed-Protocol = PPP,
             Cisco-AVPair = "lcp:callback-dialstring=",
             <..other reply pairs..>

# Profile for other users
DEFAULT   Auth-Type = ...

Regards,