Re: [Help-gnu-radius] mysql/radius populate db question

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] mysql/radius populate db question
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 21:41:53 +0200

Hi Greg,

> Here's my situation.  I'm implementing radiusd on a solaris box using
> a mysql database that's on a remote windows host.  I've managed to get
> a user authenticaed (still with the CLID unknown message, but I'll
> move on.  Hope that's OK to do.)

It's OK. Moreover, since that message is so confusing I've decided to
remove it from the future versions of GNU Radius.

> That makes some sort of sense, since the permissions granted by the db
> creation script only grant privs to the radius userid on that windows
> box. (GRANT SELECT on RADIUS.attrib to radius@'%';) What I don't
> understand is how I was able to do it from the command line but it's
> not working from the perl script?

If I understood your message correctly, you have added a MySQL user
using the command line interface, and you succeeded in doing so,
because you were using an appropriate MySQL account. Then, you
tried to use the account you had created for populating the database, which
failed because *that account* did not have sufficient permissions
to do so. In both cases, what happened seems to fit well the MySQL
security framework.

Regards,
Sergey