Re: [Help-gnu-radius] KeepAlive Responses

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] KeepAlive Responses
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 11:47:36 +0200

kiel hedjam <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does it actually mean that no customization is possible and that
> I have to implement this function ? (the RFC seems to allow such
> a thing)

Yes, currently Accounting-Response are supposed to carry no attributes.
The RFC states that an "Accounting-Response is not required to have any
attributes in it", which definitely allows it to carry some.

The reason for the current state of affairs are the deficiencies of
the traditional configuration files, which do not allow to specify
any reply fields for accounting packets. The new configuration file
scheme is currently being developed that, among other improvements,
will allow to specify reply attributes for any kind of packets.

Regards,
Sergey