[Help-gnu-radius] Compiling GNU RADIUS with mysql support

From: Colin Linahan
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Compiling GNU RADIUS with mysql support
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:39:25 +1100

Hello,
        I am attempting to configure and compile GNU RADIUS 1.2 on
a RedHat Linux 9 system running Kernel  2.4.20-30.9smp

When running configure I get the following error:

checking for -lmysqlclient... no
configure: error: The requested library libmysqlclient is not found or
is unusable
See `config.log' for more details.

The details in config.log are:

/usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o)(.text+0xbc): In
function `my_compress_alloc':
: undefined reference to `compress'
/usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o)(.text+0x13a): In
function `my_uncompress':
: undefined reference to `uncompress'

The configure options I am using:

configure --enable-pam --with-mysql

The MySQL RPM details are:

MySQL-shared-compat-4.0.18-0
MySQL-devel-4.0.18-0
MySQL-client-4.0.18-0
MySQL-shared-4.0.18-0
MySQL-server-4.0.18-0

Zlib is also installed:

zlib-1.1.4-8

Can anyone explain what is causing the above error and assist in
resolving the problem ?

Thanks,
        Colin Linahan