[Help-gnu-radius] How to use Cisco AV-pair

From: Sang-Eon Kim
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] How to use Cisco AV-pair
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:11:21 +0900

Hi all,

Could anyone help me as following problem?

In mobile IP (RFC3344), Mobile node (MN) can use radius server via HA (Home
Agent).

In this case, HA can act as a radius client.

MN requests mobile IP register registration to HA, and HA relay to radius
server.

In this case MN sends NAI (Network Access Identifier), SPI (Security Index
Parameter) and Key.

HA relays NAI to radius server as a username.

My question is that how to relay SPI and key at HA?

Also, How to configure radius server for SPI and key (MN's key)?

I think that this is related to vendor specific attribute value pair.

I am look forward to receiving helpful message.

Thanks in advance.

Sang-Eon Kim

Senior Member of Technical Staff

Convergence Lab. KT