[Help-gnu-radius] command line options cause segfault (1.2, 1.3)

From: G G
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] command line options cause segfault (1.2, 1.3)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:43:22 -0500

It's the darnest thing. I'm running on FC 2 on an intel box. Gnu Radius 1.2, 1.2.95 and 1.3 give the same results. I built from the source code using gcc 3.3.3.

# /usr/local/sbin/radiusd -p 1645
Segmentation fault

What's strange is that it doesn't complain if I give it a -d or -f. It seems to ignore -P. (I'm running multiple radiusd on the same host using different configurations, so I really need those to work.)

Debugging shows that it's failing in parse_opt trying to assign values based on optarg. However, it seems that optarg is always null. Any ideas what I'm missing here? I've got the same source code compiled on a Solaris box and it works fine there.

Thanks.

-Greg G