[Help-gnu-radius] Question about GNU Radius version 1.5.

From: Mendoza Carlos - cmendo
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Question about GNU Radius version 1.5.
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:45:27 -0500

Sergey,

A couple of years back we installed and configured GNU Radius 1.2 in which we
used it to authenticate users using NIS as opposed to LDAP or local passwd.
Within our NIS passwd field we have an encrypted password expiration field
which was failing to authenticate because it could translate it. As a solution
you provided a fix/patch for this which we implemented and moved into
production with much success.

Yesterday, in our test environment we installed and configured Radius 1.5 and
used the same patch which you provided and it seems to work. What we would like
to know is if this is compatible to 1.5 and if we should continue using it, if
not can you let us know if there is another patch out there?

Thanks,
Carlos Mendoza
Acxiom Corporation
312-474-2487 Office.