[Help-gnu-radius] Re: Help to decipher radius session dis-connects.

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Re: Help to decipher radius session dis-connects.
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 13:41:44 +0300

Hi Carlos,

> We had not experienced any major issues until recently when client
> connections are now being disconnected after about 20-30 minutes of an
> established session. From the radius logs we have seen the following
> messages appear and are wondering if these are radius generated messages
> or system  and just reporting it to radius but not actually
> disconnecting the users.

These two issues are unrelated.  The log messages in question are
normal diagnostics which radiusd issues when it terminates its
idle subprocesses.

The RADIUS protocol gives no provisions for managing already open client
connections on NASes: once the connection is authenticated, radius
server has no further control over it. You will have to examine your NAS
logs/configurations for more information on possible reasons.

Regards,
Sergey