help-gnu-utils

Installation: GCC compiler

From: Riyaz Husain
Subject: Installation: GCC compiler
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 17:58:47 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to install GCC compiler (gcc-2.95.3) on SPARC Solaris 8.

When I run the ./configure with specified arguments it complains that
my existing cc compiler does not have a language optional software.
I get following message in the Xterm -

/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed
*** The command '/usr/ucb/cc -o conftest -O2   conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.

Does that mean that I have to get a proper CC compiler to install GCC!
Or am I doing something wrong?

Please advise.

Riyaz