help-gnuastro

Re: [help-gnuastro] Output file requires root

From: Francesco Montanari
Subject: Re: [help-gnuastro] Output file requires root
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 08:16:47 +0300

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Just to be precise:

On 10/22/2016 11:47 PM, Francesco Montanari wrote:
>> However, when installing in a system folder (./configure && make && make
>> check && make install):

What I am and was using is actually:
./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make check && make install

Since the behavior was not expected, I just removed everything and with
a fresh installation directly in the system folder it seems to work
fine. So I think I messed up... I thought I removed the local
installation and reset the system PATH, so not sure what I messed up
(will let you know if I find out).

Thanks,
Francesco