help-gnuastro

Re: Regarding astsegment clump detection

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: Re: Regarding astsegment clump detection
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 13:02:31 +0200

Hi Chandan,

Thanks for getting in touch.

What do you mean by "size" of clumps/PSF? Can you show your question on an image (highlighting with arrows/circles the size difference you are talking about)?

Just have in mind that by definition, clumps only cover high signal-to-noise pixels; see the following recorded presentations:

https://peertube.stream/w/stJ4er5Bx5SECg3kLTmXfC
https://peertube.stream/w/35b7c398-9fd7-4bcf-8911-1e01c5124585

Or the main papers:

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1505.01664.pdf