help-gnustep

Re: Connection with GDL2

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: Connection with GDL2
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:20:21 -0700 (PDT)

What you have described sounds correct.

though the describeModelWithTableNames in gdl2
currently doesn't do anything.  I've been working on
this... and it's at a point where it works, but needs
to be cleaned up.

have you tried to NSLog the output of
describeTableNames? if that works then the problem
isn't in your code. (describeTableNames also seems to
be what you're looking for.)

the channel should error when you call openChannel if
it can't connect to the database.

if describeModelWithTableNames is indeed what you want
and you would like to test. let me know

matt